- 2 stage Turbine system
- 1.5 quart cup
- Sprays stains and latex
- Fan width 1/2″ to 12 inch
- 20 ft hose
- 2 nozzles included: one for detail smooth finish another for semi smooth finish
When you have a large surface that needs to be painted quickly, you’ll want to turn to the Wagner Control Spray Max HVLP sprayer. It’s extremely reliable to get the job done. This Wagner model isn’t going to break your budget.
This is why we love the Wagner Control Spray Max. With a powerful two-stage turbine, you can use this beast of a machine to spray latex paint with ease. It will also spray lacquers and stains without a problem.
Finding the right mix between commercial-quality components and residential ease can be tough.
Most paint sprayers tend to lean one way or the other. The Wagner Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer is an excellent compromise that goes right down the middle.
You’re given all the features you need, the quality that you want, and the consistency you demand with this Wagner model.
Unboxing Your Wagner Control Spray Max
Here is what you can expect with this HVLP sprayer out of the box.
- Easy-to-reach air pressure controls that are variable, so you stay in control at all times.
- 3 possible spray patterns that work with adjustable flow controls.
- A metal cup for the sprayer build with professional-grade quality.
- A 1.5-quart plastic cup to help you get through larger jobs quickly.
- A two-stage turbine design that is strong enough to spray latex, but consistent enough to spray stains or lacquers.
You can also use this paint sprayer to place a sealant over your already-applied interior latex.
Why Choose the Wagner Control Spray Max?
No matter what type of paint or stain you choose to spray, the Wagner Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer gives you options. You can spray a pattern of ½-inch in size to 1 foot in size with the same optimal levels of control.
You can take advantage of fine finish work because of the high volume, low pressure design.
At the same time, you’re given a 20-foot flexible air hose that extends your reach as you work. Although most HVLP designs struggle to paint walls, doors, or large surfaces, you really can get the job done fairly quickly with this model.
You can use it with oil-based paints as well, but we wouldn’t recommend doing so. The amount of time it took to clean after using that type of paint was about three times longer than anything else we ran through the machine.
You must use mineral spirits and you’re almost forced to disassemble the equipment to make sure you get every last bit of paint out.
How do You Use a Wagner Control Spray Max?
Here Are the Features We Love With the Wagner HVLP Sprayer
You don’t just purchase the sprayer for about $125 with this Wagner model. You’re also getting a 20 foot hose which is highly flexible.
You can set the machine down, stretch the hose out to paint ceilings and corners with ease. It’s still lightweight enough to be portable. And solid enough at 10 pounds that you won’t worry about tipping your base unit over as you’re working.
We also noted these features during our testing of this model and found them to be wonderful additions to this sprayer’s overall design.
- There is a variable flow control included. This allows users to cover a large surface area with ease, but also gives you the option to do some detail painting without worrying about a ton of overspray.
- You get 3 different spray patterns. This gives you the ability to paint horizontally, vertically, or with a rounder spray. Users gain access to being able to complete more jobs.
- Air pressure also has a variable control. Users are able to completely customize their spraying experience, creating results that are nearly perfect with every pass.
We found that latex paint sprayed extremely well with this machine, though screening the paint was necessary for consistent results. More overspray occurs with thinner materials, so take caution when spraying stains especially.
All Wagner Sprayers come backed with a 1 year warranty.
Control Spray Max Manual
Check out this link if you need the manual for your Wagner Control Spray Max.
Wagner Sprayer Replacement Parts
If you need parts for your Wagner Paint Sprayer, you can find them at their online Wagner shop.
Double Filtered For Your Protection
What stood out to us the most during our testing period with this particular Wagner Sprayer was the double filter design. You’re able to work in environments that are slightly humid and still not need to worry about sucking particulates into your paint that is being atomized.
If you need to make changes to your viscosity, that’s easy to do thanks to the measurements built into the design of the viscosity cup. You also receive a 1 quart metal cup that is of a contractor grade, plus a 1.5 quart plastic cup which works pretty well for your DIY projects.
Level Up Your Painting DIY and Get Tips to Your Email
Our Concerns with the Wagner Control Spray Max
Priming is the issue that we found with this particular Wagner paint sprayer. If you do not take the time to properly prime the equipment, your results will be less than desirable.
The paint tends to be splotchy and there can even be air bubbles within the line that make the paint or stain explode out of the gun.
We highly recommend that all users follow the complete priming instructions for this equipment, even if they are familiar with priming paint sprayers in the past.
Our experience also had us struggling with the hose just a bit. Jerky movements tend to make the hose want to separate from its connections, which could potentially strip them out if it happens often enough.
We would recommend ensuring you have plenty of working space available to you before use.
Outside of these issues, we found the Wagner Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer to be an excellent sprayer of good quality. It won’t break the budget, but it will help you to get your work done.
There is a bit of a learning curve with the Wagner Control Spray Max HVLP Sprayer when it comes to knowing the proper settings for power and flow.
When you get that figured out you’ll find that your sprays are even, smooth, and consistent. This makes professional results something that can be achieved even if a budget is really tight. That’s why this sprayer gets our recommendation today.
To read up on our Top 10 Choices for Best HVLP Paint Sprayers, take a look at our HVLP Paint Sprayers post.
- Wagner Control Spray Max
- Unboxing Your Wagner Control Spray Max
- Why Choose the Wagner Control Spray Max?
- How do You Use a Wagner Control Spray Max?
- Here Are the Features We Love With the Wagner HVLP Sprayer
- Wagner Warranty
- Control Spray Max Manual
- Wagner Sprayer Replacement Parts
- Double Filtered For Your Protection
- Level Up Your Painting DIY and Get Tips to Your Email
- Our Concerns with the Wagner Control Spray Max